Saturday, April 10, 2010

DRESS CODE: Heat-proof Casual

Dressing up for hot weather can be a challenge. Usual alternatives would be sleeveless shirts and shorts. But we think there are other ways to keep cool and stylish during summer.

The blouse is made of a light and cottony material, making it perfect for summer wear. I find it comfortable and, I like the way it flows when the wind blows. Plus, the bright colors and print patterns add a refreshing and lively look. As for the pants, I think capri is better than jeans now that the weather is humid and hot. I can choose to wear it with sandals or doll shoes. This attire is flexible enough whether I will be going out with family and friends or going to school for summer classes. :)


Summer is made happier with a lot bright colors! A nice shirt and a comfortable pair of jeans are like my security blanket- I’m confident that I can never go wrong with them. Besides, the light fabric helps me keep cool. I keep things simple most of the time because what I enjoy the most is accessorizing! For me, the accessories set the whole look and set the specific “theme” and mood one might have for the day. I balance bright colors with safe neutrals like this belt and these pair of shoes. Finally, I get a pair of shades to protect my eyes from the sun... or simply just to complete my summer look.


2 comments:

  1. interesting blog concept! do post some more. :D am looking forward to reading your insights on fashion and dressing!

    yes, summer needs more bright colors and cool material (like cotton), not necessarily less cloth. glad you guys pointed it out. I'm currently searching around for soft airy pants to give my jeans a rest. they can get pretty hot on commuting days sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! looking forward to your visits here in the future :) sorry for not updating often, I hope you be patient with us.

    I think it's actually more fun and creative when you don't just let yourself be dictated on by current fashion trends.

    Good luck on your search for a nice pair of summer pants, and enjoy the remains of the summer heat!

    -dane

    ReplyDelete